Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Frame A Day '12: Week 25: 6/17-23

We have been away on a somewhat lengthy vacation which left me no time to post these photos in real time.  However, I do want to include them for continuity's sake.

June 17--We Heart Daddy--I found this idea on Pinterest for a Father's Day gift and I was sold.  It was a bit of a challenge to get the kids to cooperate, but worth it.  Chretien's first comment when he saw it was along those lines, too.

As a side note, I originally posted the photo of the kids as my picture of the day for June 9.  However, since I now have the photo of Chretien with the kids with that same picture-turned-canvas, I am going to replace the photo from June 9 with this one that I took the same day.  This is Trust waiting for her soccer game to start.


Moving right along:


June 18--My New Bike--On our first official weekday of summer vacation, we had time for a bike ride.  Note that Imp is riding his 'new' bicycle (handed down from Earnest) and having a great time.

 *June 19--Cotton Candy for a Sweet Boy--On the first leg of our vacation, we stopped at a Golden Corral for dinner.  While it's not gourmet, it does offer a wide variety of food and options for the kids other than the standard macaroni and cheese or hot dogs.  As an added bonus, they are serving cotton candy for a treat this summer.

June 20--Night Swimming--After two solid days in the car, we arrived at my parents' house in Florida.  We had dinner, played with some new toys, and then decided to take a quick dip in one of the family pools.  Despite it being the official closing time of "dusk" and a little rainy, the kids and Chretien managed to take a quick dip for about 15 minutes.  This was a perfect way to release some of the pent-up energy from the drive.

 June 21--Daytona Beach Bums--Chretien had requested a trip to the beach, so we headed for Daytona today.  Not only did we have fun riding waves with these inner tubes, but we also stopped to visit the famous Daytona International Speedway, where the Daytona 500 is held every February.

June 22--When You Wish Upon a Star--...you sometimes wind up in front of Cinderella's castle at the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World.  The castle never fails to impress, no?

 June 23--I Get Around--After a swim in the pool, it's back to my parents' house in a borrowed golf cart.  Yes, in their community, traveling by golf cart is almost as common as the more conventional automobile.  The kids got a kick out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment