Saturday, March 5, 2011

Project 64: White

project64 button










When I read that white was the color for this week's Project 64, I thought about all the snow we've had this winter, and I knew I wanted to include the snow in my photo.  However, much of the snow we now have is far from white in color.  I kept my eyes open and on my way home from work one night, I noticed this church with a white fence as well as plenty of white snow in front.  Given that little white churches such as this one are hallmarks in this region, I figured it was a good image to try and capture.

I did try to just capture portions of the church without the snow (like closeups of the door and other parts of the church), but I really liked this one.  I would have liked it a bit better if the sun hadn't come out and obliterated the more grayish white sky before I snapped this photo, but so be it.

12 comments:

  1. It captures both a stark white - the church and snow - and a cozy white - the puffy clouds in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE little white churches. I wanted a picture of a little white church for mine but can't seem to catch one while I'm driving around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice interpretation of white, I love little white churches! Thanks for linking up with p64'

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Misty...the puffy clouds really help make the shot.
    Great capture this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great shot. I was surprised how difficult it was to find white outside, I have had no problem with the other colors. The church, clouds, snow, fence.....what a great capture of a white scene!

    Thanks you for stopping by my blog and commenting on my P64 shots!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this picture! Churches are my favorite thing to photograph---this is perfect with the clouds and the snow!

    ~Tiffany
    http://tiffanyd22.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely idyllic scene! I love the sky. I think it highlights the beauty of the church steeple.

    Carletta@Round The Bend

    ReplyDelete
  8. A pretty setting indeed. Hope your snow is melting. Mine is starting to...only 1 1/2 feet to go.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! Thanks for being a part of P64!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The snow certainly made white on white pretty easy! The church is nicely framed. I bet it looks very pretty surrounded by the green of summer too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for all of your kind comments.

    It's so funny to me because I was so intent on trying to get a grayish/white sky that I completely ignored the fact that I had beautiful puffy, white clouds in the sky. Thank you all for pointing that out to me. Talk about tunnel vision!

    ReplyDelete