Friday, November 25, 2011

Frame-A-Day Week 47: 11/19-11/25

November 19--Merry Christmas Card--The kids made Santa with his sleigh at the Build and Grow workshop today. I decided it might be a good time to try to use the Lowe's greenery to get a potential Christmas card photo. This is probably the best candidate (so far).
November 20--Choo Choo--I took the boys to a train show today. They enjoyed watching the trains on the displays run, and even had a chance to be engineers at one table.

November 21--Pinch Pot Masterpiece--Three weeks ago, Earnest made a pinch pot in art class. Today he painted it and brought home the masterpiece. He plans to use it to "store money".


November 22--Gobble, Gobble--Look what landed, just in time for Thanksgiving. For the second year, I made these terrific turkeys. Everyone loves them. Who wouldn't? Oreos, candy corn, malted milk balls and Reese's peanut butter cups. Maybe better than the real thing??

November 23--Candy Land--Earnest and I caught a quick few rounds of Candy Land while it was quiet.  I beat him two games to one, but he was a gracious loser, which made me proud.

November 24--A Family Day--A nice day with my parents, my sister and her family. Happy Thanksgiving.


November 25--Obstacle Course--On this sunny Black Friday, the kids' thoughts were far away from shopping and sales.  Rather, they had fun in the backyard making an obstacle course.  Don't let their coats and hats fool you; it warmed up to 60 degrees today!

6 comments:

  1. Aww. Looks like a fun week. Love that train photo and the last photo looks like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!
    Those turkeys are so cute! The obstacle course looks like lots of fun. Have a great day!

    Sherrie
    Food for Thought
    http://100sweets.blogspot.com/2011/11/project-365-week-47.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great week! Love the train photo! My 5YO would love the display! He's really into trains. Love the turkeys also! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sarah, Kimberly--I am very proud of the train photo, considering my three year old had insisted that I pick him up. I am holding him on my hip with my left arm and shooting with my right. Funny how this shot turned out so well when other times, without the distractions, they don't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That train shot is fantastic! :D

    And the turkeys are too cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a great Christmas card photo option! What a cute Build & Grow theme - I need to get on board these instead of the Home Depot ones - or in addition to them.... And how nice that Earnest is a gracious loser - that's great!

    ReplyDelete