Saturday, May 14, 2011

Frame-A-Day: Week 19: 5/7-5/13


May 7--First Holy Communion--Today was Trust's First Holy Communion.


May 8--Hula Hoopin' Mama--Not too many mothers of any age can make the claim that they hula-hooped with their daughter on Mothers' Day, let alone one who's forty-three.  We had breakfast with my parents, went to the zoo for the better part of the day, and then hit the surrounding park for kite-flying fun.  All-in-all, a great day.


May 9--'Nimbing a Tree--Imp told me that he wanted to "'nimb a tree"; that's current Imp-speak for "climb a tree", of course. He didn't make it any further than what is shown here tonight, but I have a feeling it won't be long before he gets a lot further, so help us all.


May 10--Happy Birthday, Big Boy--For weeks now, Imp would remind us that "My birfday is coming up."  Today, the big day finally arrived, with Imp turning three and leaving toddlerhood behind him.  I made whoopie pies with my new pan for his 'cake', which we all enjoyed after we had pizza with Nana and Grampy.  Imp's presents included two "airpanes", "more books", Thomas gear and a piggy bank complete with quarters which he added himself, one at a time.

*May 11 --I have a photo for this day but in the interest of privacy, I cannot share it here.


*May 12--Alternate photo--again, for privacy's sake, I am choosing a different photo than what is going in my book.   Here we see Imp and Trust playing with a new Thomas set that Imp received for his birthday.



May 13--Blowing Bubbles for Hudson--Hudson Lily Hitchcock Chaney is a little girl who died a year ago today at seventeen months old from bacterial meningitis.  Mommy has been reading her mother Mandy's blog "One Good Thing" since last summer.  Today Mandy and Hudson's father, Ed, held a service for Hudson in the Arboretum in Washington DC and asked anyone who would like to remember Hudson who could not attend to blow bubbles in her honor and share the photos.  So that is what we did.  This photo of Imp is my favorite; it looks like he's sending a special bubble to Hudson in heaven.

And where was Earnest this week?  He was definitely around, but due to the nature of some of the events each day, he didn't wind up in the selected photo.  I figure he'll be back next week.

5 comments:

  1. Such lovely photos! Happy Birthday to your little man! He is a cutie ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. Happy birthday to Imp and congrats to Trust on her first Holy Communion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm impressed with the hula hooping! I think my hula days are over! Cute photos this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun- that first one is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable photos!!! I love them all, especially the tree, birthday and bubble shots. Thanks for linking up. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete